2011 Warrior Dolomite DD Review
The 2011 Warrior Dolomite DD is a great all-round stick for intermediate players at an affordable price. While top-of-line Warrior sticks like the Kronik are a little lighter, they are also more expensive.
I really like the change in graphics for 2011. I was never crazy about the out-of-control 80`s graphics they used in past years.
The Dolomite DD has a low kick point which makes the stick easy-to-load so it`s great for wrist shots and snap shots. You might think about a stick with a higher kick point if you`re going to be taking a lot of slap shots.
The Double DD blade is designed with a dense foam core in the heel and softer foam in the toe. This gives you a great feel when stick handling the puck puck and makes it easier to receive passes.
2011 Warrior Dolomite DD Features:
- Multi-bias fiber placement to reinforce internal shaft structure
- Carbon Elite construction
- Double D blade core. High-density mid-to-heel zone to provide maximum velocity and durability. Low-density toe zone to soften puck-handling feel and passing
- Precision taper focuses energy at lower quarter for easy and quick load and release
- Pro-Balance blade and shaft design for improved stick feel and weight distribution
- Nipple Grip coating
- 474 grams
Newly improved nipples are 12% firmer to improve tactile grip and create a supple hand transition. Less hand slip provides more direct energy transfer into the stick for increased shot velocity.
DOUBLE D BLADE CORE
The combination of two polymers in the blade adds strength where you need it and cuts weight where you don’t. High-density foam is used in the heel to provide maximum velocity and durability by increasing the blade’s center of gravity. Low-density foam is used in the toe to reduce weight and soften feel. This combination of Double Densities decreases blade torque at contact.
A longer, lower tapered section focuses energy into the bottom quadrant of the stick. This concentration of flex eases load and release for increased shot velocity with little effort.